For any further information please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
We are the officially-recognised tourism trade association representing more than 50 leading businesses and organisations in Bridgend County involved directly or indirectly in local tourism e.g. Accommodation, hospitality, food drink and entertainment as well as retail, activities and adventure. We are an independent, not-for-profit organisation with a passion for increasing the contribution of tourism to the local economy by helping local businesses to develop through enhancing the visitor experience.
What you get from being a member is the unique opportunity to:
Stay up to speed with latest industry news e.g. New grants, new regulations and other changes affecting your business
Influence local priorities by being part of a local tourism trade partnership and network
Develop your business through FREE or discounted training workshops and special events
Promote your business through social media, websites, customised apps and other channels judged to be beneficial to the membership, receive a marketing fact sheet when you join.
Keep in touch with what’s new and what’s not
Influence the great debate on where tourism is going both locally and in Wales
Engage in active competition with other destinations
Who are we?
The BTA is managed by a Board consisting of local business people representative of the local tourism trade. Currently, Board Members are:
BTA Director’s :
- Chair: Chris Smart Porthcawl Chamber of Trade and Commerce
- Hugh Murray Porthcawl Surf
- Mike Clarke Harbourside CIC
- Lewis Chamberlain Ambassadors and Perfect Day Training
- Les Tallon Morris President Porthcawl Chamber of Trade
BTA Board Members:
Mike Evans Secretary & Treasurer
Eira Edwards Communications
What comes with your membership?
The Bridgend Tourism Association (BTA) is the official trade association for all visitor focused business in the tourism, leisure and retail sectors in Bridgend County. The BTA is an independent, nonprofit making organisation whose role is to provide support, development and marketing and a voice for tourism related business helping to build a stronger, more vibrant tourism industry. The BTA has a board of directors made up of a variety of representatives from core tourism and leisure business in the area.
The BTA has the support and backing from Bridgend County Borough Council destination team and Visit Wales.
Bronze Membership: From 2017, as a visitor- focused business in Bridgend County, you will be entitled to receive FREE membership of the BTA when you provide us with certain contact details and information. In exchange, you will receive: –
- a free directory listing on the BTA consumer facing and business to business websites
- A free listing on BridgendBites.com based on your content (not exclusive to members)
- early notification of anything that affects your business to help your forward planning through the Association’s e-news, social media and website: bridgendtourism.co.uk
- representation at local, regional and national level by an independent voice and by so doing Influence the forward direction of tourism and leisure within Bridgend County through BTA participation in for example, the Destination Management Partnership, South East Wales Tourism Forum and the Visit Wales Tourism Advisory Panel
- Discounted participation in upskilling events and workshops for you and your employees, during the off-season months of October, December and February.
- Opportunities to meet with other likeminded businesses, share ideas, overcome challenges and learn from best practices.
- Access to a signposting service for a variety of topics including Health & Safety, Marketing, Social Media, Contracts, Pension Rules and Employers Legal Liabilities, plus information and advice on grant funding opportunities via the Association website.
- Discounted Perfect Day Customer Service and Sense of Place Training regularly throughout the year – direct to your business if you prefer.
By sending us your contact information on the form provided you will gain this unique opportunity to develop and strengthen your business and be represented at a local, regional and national level. You will have opportunities to network with likeminded managers and owners where you can exchange ideas, discuss issues and develop valuable contacts within the industry.
SILVER Membership & Marketing Packages
From £72 a year, yes just £6 a month you can get all of the above plus:-
- An enhanced advert and information about your product as well as your line listing promoting your business on the consumer & B2B facing website.
- An advert promoting your business within a printed leaflet, distributed across South Wales and to our traditional markets in England.
- Free Perfect Day customer service and sense of place training for your management team and staff.
- Opportunity to use the Dare to Discover App to promote your business with mobile vouchers, full training given on use. (Under review to update and develop)
- Free participation in familiarisation visits, upskilling events and workshops for you and your employees as they evolve.
- Free networking events with opportunities to meet with other likeminded businesses
- Share ideas, overcome challenges and learn from best practices.
- Access to the Bridgend County Ambassador Network to meet your visitors / guests and showcase a wide range of subjects from wildlife to industrial heritage.
- Access to visitor and tourism business statistics, business networks and research
Access to visitor and tourism business statistics, business networks and research
Free stand if required at any tourism association events and workshops
Links to local food producers
The membership fee
– directory listing on destination websites
– networking opportunities.
Subsidised Perfect Day Customer Service and Sense of Place training workshop
Subsidised customised tourism-related workshop for you and your employees.
SILVER £72 a year or £6 a month
– Enhanced advert –directory listing plus, copy of 200 words and up to 4 images on destination websites
– Advert in the BTA destination leaflet
– FREE Perfect Day Customer Service and Sense of Place training workshops
– FREE half-day customised tourism-related workshops for you and your employees.
– FREE networking opportunities
– Opportunities to participate in familiarisation visits.
– Opportunity to use Destination App
– Access to County Ambassador Network
– Access to visitor and tourism business statistics
Membership is for a minimum of 12 months and the BTA requires 2 month’s notice in writing of termination.
Important Note: Conditions of Membership and in particular, the member benefits as described may change as the tourism trade develops in the County. Please refer to the BTA website for the latest information.
Payments are made on a monthly basis using either:
GoCardless or Standing Order
Though GoCardless is the preferred payment method, new members may choose to pay on a monthly or annual basis by Standing Order using the following: