For any further information at this time please contact Lewis Chamberlain our membership Director
Information for New Members of Bridgend Tourism Association
We are the officially-recognised tourism trade association representing more than 50 leading businesses and organisations in Bridgend County involved directly or indirectly in local tourism e.g. Accommodation, hospitality, food drink and entertainment as well as retail, activities and adventure. We are an independent, not-for-profit organisation with a passion for increasing the contribution of tourism to the local economy by helping local businesses to develop through enhancing the visitor experience.
What you get from being a member is the unique opportunity to:
Stay up to speed with latest industry news e.g. New grants, new regulations and other changes affecting your business
Influence local priorities by being part of a local tourism trade partnership and network
Develop your business through FREE training workshops and special events
Promote your business through social media, websites, customised apps and other channels judged to be beneficial to the membership, receive a marketing fact sheet when you join.
Keep in touch with what’s new and what’s not
Influence the great debate on where tourism is going both locally and in Wales
Engage in active competition with other destinations
Who are we?
The BTA is managed by a Board consisting of local business people representative of the local tourism trade. Currently, Board Members are:
BTA Director’s :
- Chair: Karl Schmidtke Parkdean Resorts at Trecco Bay Holiday Park, Porthcawl
- Vice-Chair: Chris Smart Porthcawl Chamber of Trade and Commerce
- Hugh Murray Porthcawl Surf
- Mike Clarke Harbourside CIC
- Lew Chamberlain Ambassadors and Perfect Day Training
- Les Tallon Morris President Porthcawl Chamber of Trade
BTA Board Members:
Mike Evans Membership
Eira Edwards Our Welsh Caravan & Camping
Brent Davies Information Sources
Julie Davies Paper Work Friend Limited – Treasurer BTA
Suzanne Bromwell Administration and Events
Rowenna Elson Administration and Events
What comes with your membership?
Become part of a network of tourism-related businesses all sharing the objective to develop their business by exceeding visitor expectations and encouraging repeat business.
- Participation in the many networking events that take place throughout the year giving you a valuable opportunity to meet with other like businesses, share ideas, overcome challenges and learn from best practices.
- Hear inspiring speakers
- Get the latest information on new laws and regulations
- Receive early notification of anything that affects your business to help your forward planning through the Association’s e-news, social media and website: bridgendtourism.co.uk
- At the same time we will be keeping you up to date with important trade information through regular news updates, advice and support.
- You will be represented at local, regional and national level by an independent voice and by so doing Influence the forward direction of tourism and leisure within Bridgend County through for example the Destination Management Partnership , South East Wales Tourism Forum and the Visit Wales Tourism Advisory Panel
FREE online advertising and promotion for members with tourism business showcased on a number of websites. Entry on BTA websites, apps and social media, in some cases members can upload business videos, photographs and special offers and packages.
- access to a signposting service for a variety of topics including Health & Safety, Marketing, Social Media, Contracts, Pension Rules and Employers Legal Liabilities, plus information and advice on grant funding opportunities via the Association website
- access to advice on marketing and links to ways of further promoting their business
- Free Customer Service and Sense of Place Training regularly throughout the year – direct to your business if you prefer.
- Access to Bridgend County Ambassadors to meet your visitors / guests and showcase a wide range of subjects from wildlife to industrial heritage.
- A press office-style news hub for your latest business developments, new visitor experiences and stories of interest. Distributed through an extensive network of media contacts in the UK and Overseas.
Access to visitor and tourism business statistics, business networks and research
Free stand if required at any tourism association events and workshops
Links to local food producers
The membership fee
You can receive all of these benefits for as little as £6 each month. Bona fide students engaged in relevant studies and Ambassadors are very welcome to join on a 12-monthly personal basis, as Associate Members. Membership is free to Associate Members.
Membership is for a minimum of 12 months and the BTA requires 2 month’s notice in writing of termination.
Important Note: Conditions of Membership and in particular, the member benefits as described may change as the tourism trade develops in the County. Please refer to the BTA website for the latest information.
Payments are made on a monthly basis using either:
GoCardless or Standing Order
Though GoCardless is the preferred payment method, new members may choose to pay on a monthly or annual basis by Standing Order using the following: